Wednesday 28 April 2010

Snap Happy

I'm not gonna lie to you....


I love photography....

I went into class tonight, after having a complete stress-athon about what to do for my final 12 images for my exam. I had a rough idea but kept on changing my mind. Then I decided, I've picked my theme - fruit - and I'm just going to MAKE IT WORK!

Now have half of my final images..........except one is of mushrooms, but they are cheeky looking and whenever it comes to my experimental photographs I am going to turn one of them into Toad from Super Mario Bros (as suggested by my teacher and if she thinks it's hilarious too then bonus points for me!). My point is however, I went from being stressy, to being soooo happy because I am loving the product of tonight's work in the mini-studio! Excitement all round for photographs!

It doesn't matter whether others think your photograph is crappy because every photographer has that one photograph that they will look at and always think to themselves secretly (or not-so-secretly) "Wow, I took that!"

Also, found out tonight I am going to be selling my photos!..........wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhat! We are apparently having a gallery open night where two of our best photos are showcased and basically anyone and everyone, including local cafe/pub/restaurant owners are invited to come and buy our photos. Now that is a month away, but talk about PRESSURE ( *note to self, need to make business cards* ) but despite this, I am actually quite excited. Regardless of the fact my photographs could be complete crap when seen amongst the others in the class, I will be proud to say that those photos on the wall (and also one on the flyer being handed out to people!) are my own! If none of them sells then I shall have my friends pre-warned that they have to buy them...mates rates and all that.


Anyway, writing down my excitement and reading it over is so nice to do!

Oh, on a random note....

I saw a lovely little ginger cat running across the road today whilst I sat at the bus stop. As it reached the other side of the road, a huge magpie swooped in and tried to attack the cat!!! It then followed the cat as it ran along underneath the hedges and into the trees! (* note to self, never cross a magpie*....)

That is enough from me for tonight. I wonder when the blogging novelty will wear off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment